Sunday, August 29, 2010

Great Lil Sunday

This morning, we got up, got dressed, and were actually on-time...without Mommy being stressed! Typically, I get about half way dressed, then I'm running around getting kiddos dressed, and shoes, and clothes ironed, it goes a little something like this:

"Are you guys going to get ready?"
"I still need to dry my hair!"
"Adam, are you ready to go? No?"
"Come on, dude, how long does it take to brush your teeth and throw on some pants?! Really?"
...get the boys outfits ready, get Everson changed/dressed, get Jackson dressed...
"Jackson, did you brush your teeth? Take your shirt off and get in there and brush your teeth."
"Where the heck is my good bra?"
"Everson, why do I get the feeling you just pooped?"
"Turn that TV off."
...finish getting myself ready, perfume, shoes, jewelry..
...we finally make it down stairs...
"Can you grab the sippy cup and a snack for Everson?"
"Jackson, go get your shoes on."
"Are we taking your car or my van?"
"Where is my camera?"
"Crap, I need lipstick!"
"I'll grab Everson....Jackson, get in your seat."

But this morning, I was up and ready before the boys, and Adam got dressed and ready with me having to prompt him, and Jackson brushed his teeth without being reminded, and Everson, well, I dressed him and he didn't poop.

We met up with Mom and Dad at mass. We made it to 10:30 mass this weekend. We have a new priest at St. Mary's and we were excited to see him and hear his homily. So far, I think he's fabulous! I really enjoyed how he spoke about kids and being anxious to see them grow.
After mass, we wondered around the school to get a feel for whether we want to send Jackson there. We are still up in the air about it. I'd love to see him go to Catholic school, just as Adam and I did. But, Clear Creek has so many opportunities for him....it's a tough decision.

After mass, we all went to Skippers for breakfast, then Jackson headed back to GG Jane's to play puzzles (he's on a BIG puzzle kick right now!), while Adam and I ran errands. I needed to get a new light for the stairwell, and 2 new knobs for the dining room french doors. Adam was on a mission to get mold stuff for the side of the house. And then, we hit Micheal's to pick up supplies for Jackson and Adam to build a castle. We found a really cool castle to make in a craft book, and we've been collecting the supplies for MONTHS, and we just needed to get paint and paint pens and glue to assemble it all!

Apparently Everson thought he could drive home.....



After our errands, we played at GGs for a bit, then went home to get some chores done (hang the new light, spray the side of the house, mow, edge, water the lawn, attach the door knobs, take out the trash, etc....)

After bathes tonight, Everson crashed, while Jackson and Daddy-O worked on reading skills. He has gotten all of his letters by site and all the sounds. He can read MOST three letter words by sounding them out...we'll get there!

For now, I'm rounding up my day with a load of laundry and going down stairs to do 40 minutes of yoga...then BED.

Tomorrow is a new day. We are getting up early and going to TRY and get much accomplished. It's our last official day of summer before Jackson starts to school on Tuesday....goodnight!

No comments: