Tuesday, August 24, 2010

5 year Anniversary

On April 30th, Adam and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. I can't believe it's been 5 years. We have done SOOO much and been through so much in 5 years: 2 homes, 2 kids, one miscarriage, lots of travel, numerous career changes (promotions, that is!), home improvement projects, tons of good memories, a few bad memories, 2 sad losses (grandma vera and grandpa homer), lots of birthday celebrations (including great birthday bashes for our kiddos!)....5 years seems like such a short time, but we've done it all in just 5 short years. And I can't wait to see how much farther we can go together!

We laid low this year. We wanted to spend a "spontaneous" weekend with the kids. And we did! I grabbed a bag, threw in just a few things in about 5 minutes, put the kids in the car, and in pulling out of the driveway, we decided to drive south. We headed to Galveston, with the intention of just exploring and then getting hotel room, and lounging on the beach. We hit the Strand first for lunch/early dinner, then Kings Candy shop for ice cream....then Moody Gardens, then the Flight Museum (which was closed), the Walmart for swimsuits (we forgot to throw them in the bag! Ugg!!), then the beach! Then Mother Nature had other plans...it started to thunder and lightening....we only got to hit the beach for about 20 minutes. And with the onset of storms inevitable, we just headed home.

The big chair on The Strand
When I said we went to Walmart for swim suits, I forgot to mention that I let Jackson pick out whatever he wanted....and he found these hideous SpongeBob SquarePants shorts...gag me...but, only my child would be at the beach in SBSQ shorts, and a nice collared shirt! :)



The next morning, we got up and headed to Buc-ee's for breakfast and snacks. Then next on the agenda? Fishing. We set up camp at the lake in Tuscan Lakes and just sat under the clouds and fished. Everson and I hung out on a blanket, while Jackson and Adam TRIED to catch something. No plans...no where to go....just able to sit and enjoy being outside. It was great. Really. Adam and I could not be in a better place than we are now with our little family of four. We love life. Just when we think it can't get any better...it does.
















Later that night....Jackson and Everson cuddled together in Everson's crib....although, Everson looks a little nervous!! HA! :)

I love you Adam! You are the best husband and father a girl could have asked for. I appreciate you everyday (even though I don't always show it). I am so very thankful and blessed to have you and the boys in my life....and they are going to be better people by having you as a daddy-o!

No comments: