Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My nip....

...ples HURT! My little man is going through a growth spurt! Yesterday started out great--everyone out the door, preschool, shopping, lunch, preschool pickup, more shopping...all the while, Everson being a GREAT baby! Easy going/go with the flow. Later that night, we headed to Jackson's t-ball scrimmage (so cute! Check out his blog for play by play!) and the mosquitoes were HORRIBLE. So Everson and I headed to the car--and that's when it started. He had been awake since 5:30pm...with a SHORT cat nap at the game. He woke up and obviously was hungry, so I took him to the car to nurse. After the game, we stopped by Memaw's for about 45 minutes, the entire time playing with Everson who was again, wide awake and entertaining! We got home, and he nursed at 9:00pm...then at 10pm....then at 11:15pm...each time, I was thinking "There is nothing left in there!! How in the hell can you be hungry again!" I was drinking water like crazy to try and keep up! At 12:30, Everson was STILL WIDE AWAKE, and every time I would put him down, he would SCREAM--not just cry, but SCREAM like his was being pinched or given a shot. So bad, that I woke Adam up telling him there was something wrong...but there wasn't! Everson was just hungry AGAIN!! He fed at 12:30, stayed awake, fed at 1:30, and then FINALLY conked out at 2:00AM! BUT, he turned right around at 4:45am and thought he needed a snack, b/c he fed for about 5 minutes before going back to sleep...but Mommy wasn't so lucky. Of course, I was still awake til 5:30. And then woken again at 8:00am.

Adam came home during my 8:00am feeding. I was sitting upright in the bed, with the boppy around my waist, baby on the book, leaned forward, sound asleep! I couldn't even open my eyes to tell him "hi!" I did manage to ask him to get me a glass of water!

Right now, my body hurts, my boobs hurt, my uterus is contracting, I'm thirsty AND hungry, and my baby boy doesn't want to be laid down! It's going to be a LONG day....

If you remember, the same thing happened to me with Jackson at this same time--I was looking back in the archives and found the day where I sat on the couch ALL DAY and fed him 17 times!! So apparently, my boys hit there 6 week growth spurts early!!

Oh, the joys of motherhood! Well worth it, though, for healthy babies!!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

When did you start giving Jackson a bottle???? WOW!!! to feed Everson so much - YEA my breast would hurt too. Hopefully it gets better.

Ramie Babcock said...

Around 10 months...he didnt get formula before then. my goal was a year, but 10 months was good for him!

Jessica said...

Im so happy there are other BF mommies out there that hang in through the tough times! Sometimes you feel all alone, especially when poeple look at you strange for feeding your baby the way nature intended! (even though they see more in the Victoria Secret window) Hang in there, and Medela makes a gel pad that is amazing for those issues (your boys are too cute for words btw)