Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In His own Room

I'm a little sad right now. Last Friday, at exactly 16 weeks, Everson spent his first night in his own room. The entire night. *sigh* With Jackson, he was in our room, next to our bed, in the pack n play, til 4 weeks. At one month, he was in his own room, and we were fine with that! I was proud! But, he was my FIRST baby. Everson is my LAST baby. I think I just wanted to hold on to that baby phase and savor every moment that I could. With Jackson, he was on Adam's side of the bed. With Everson, he was on my side. Some nights, I would just lay awake staring at him next to me. He is the most peaceful sleeper. I did the same with Jackson--I love the way a baby glows to the light of the tv! And, I loved having Everson next to me, because, basically, I'm very paranoid with this one. As first time parents, everything was easy--getting pregnant was easy, nursing was easy, c-section was easy...we were invincible. Then we lost a baby. And after that, I realized that I was not invincible. And something bad could happen at any time, to any one. So, I'm a very paranoid Mom now.

For Christmas, my mom and dad got me a BebeSounds Color Monitor. It's fabulous! Even though Ev is a hallway away, I can see him. Clearly! I have gone in to check that he was still breathing a couple of times (again, he sleeps SOOOO soundly!) but I love being able to roll over and still see my little man!

And although he's been napping in his crib for a couple of months now, I'm not sure he was used to his room at night! But, he did great, and has done well, all this week. The first night, he went down around 9:30pm, nursed at midnight, fussed around 5am, and then nursed at about 7am. At 5am, I just get up and put his pacifier back in his mouth, or just cup his cheek, and that helps him fall back to sleep. He usually eats at 7am, and then sleeps til 9:00ish.

This is the look of a VERY proud 16 week old!!




2 comments:

Ashleigh H. said...

He does look SO proud in that photo! Such a cutie! Ramie, I'm so sorry about the little one that you lost. My best friend recently went through that, as did my mother before she had me and my sisters. My heart goes out to you, AND to those adorable little boys you are raising. They are lucky little boys to have you.

Ramie Babcock said...

Thanks Ashleigh! That's so sweet! And congrats on the engagement! WOO HOO!!