Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lunch Date with the Girls

Last week, I needed some girl time. I needed to get out of my house....I needed to be with other mom's. So I called my Mom to see if she wanted to go to lunch with me and my bestest friends, Paige (mommy of 4) and Melissa (mommy of 3) and our entire motley crew! They had just gotten out of Pilates, picked up their kiddos, and met me at the Soup and Salad place. Although all our kids are loud when we get together, they love seeing each other! They just get so excited!

This was also Everson's first official date with his gal pal, Caroline. Caroline and Everson were due 1 day apart, but because I was a repeat c-section, I got to go in a week early. Poor Melissa....I'm sure she was ticked that she had to stay preggers a week longer....I sure as hell would have been!!

Everson and Caroline stared at each other for a bit. Caroline is a perfect, teeny-tiny baby girl! So dainty! And then there's my husky Everson--whom Paige was holding, and could not really keep him still b/c he was trying to "get" to Caroline! Not sure what he would have done with her had he made it over to her, but I'm sure a little slobber and drooling would have occurred!! :) Caroline was just sitting back like "WHAT are you doing?!" It was too cute!






I love getting out and hanging with these girls! Other than my mother, they are my lifeline. Someone once talked about having 2am friends. These are my 2am friends (aside from my mother, of course) Paige is my go to for advise--she's got 4 for goodness sakes! And she's been through it all with her 4! And Melissa is my mommy in the mix--our kids are the same age, we got fat together, we're trying to get skinny again together, and we are tired....very very tired! :)

No comments: