Wednesday, December 9, 2009

2 months old

I can't believe that it's been 2 whole months...and I can't believe that I am STILL so in LOVE with another baby boy! I'm truly in awe of this child. With Jackson, I was still learning to be a mother. This time around, I'm savoring being a mother. I'm savoring every moment, because I know this is my last one. And I'm sad about it. The funny thing, after all that pain and complete hell this pregnancy was, seeing the love that came from all of that, and the amazing little creature that caused all that misery....how could I have ever think that it was not all worth it!

And two months later, I have a happy, healthy, baby boy who is the spitting image of me. All the way down to his Carroll birth mark! I have a Carroll birthmark on my hip--a brown splotch. My mom has one on her backside, my sister has her's on her back, my uncle has his on his back, Jackson has his on his hand, and they all came from my grandpa Joe Carroll--one of Everson's namesakes (both my grandpa's are Joseph)

Today we REALLY marked the 2 months with his 2 month well baby checkup. I was anxious to see how big my little man really was--he's not BIG, he's just bigger than Jackson was! He's in 3-6 month clothes already!

Well, he's in the 50th %tile for nearly everything! He weighs 12 lbs 1 oz, 24 inches long, head circumference of 15.5cm. Weight: 50-75th %tile Height: 25-50th %tile Head: 10-25th %tile

Before Dr. Perona came in, Everson spent some time flirting with his MeMaw. Daddy couldn't get out of the office, so MeMaw went along for moral support during the shots--I hate shots. Hands down. Hate them! And, MeMaw likes to see Marissa (Dr. Perona). They used to be neighbors...so they sit and gossip about the happenings on Misty Shore!


Thank You Aunt Rickie for the World's Softest Blankey!!




Dr. Perona said he looks great! She loves his color, she loves that he looks just like me, she loves his personliaty, and she loves that he's a healthy baby boy! After she saw him, we had the dreaded shots....

My poor baby! I've NEVER heard him cry. NEVER saw real tears...and today, I did. He cried with the first shot...screamed with the second...and WHALED uncontrollably with the 3rd! BIG tears! And the type of crying that rocks you to the core! He slept the entire ride home...I nursed him when I got home and massaged his legs...then he became restless and squirmy! And completely uncomfortable! And the rest of the afternoon, he had random fits of extreme pain. I was on the phone with my sister in law during one of these fits, and seriously, could not calm him down. He was sooo sad!

But as of right now, at 9:30pm, he's content. He smiled a bit before he conked out, so that's a good sign! I hope he sleeps well tonight; it's been a rough day....

1 comment:

Kayla Babcock said...

Ev was not happy at all! I hope he is feeling MUCH better!